Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Steel Deluxe Singlespeed :: 10 Years Old

Today my singlespeed steel Deluxe bike turns 10.

This has pretty much all of the original parts on it from 10 years ago. I have gone through a few chains, freewheels, tires, chains, brake pads, and I think I had to put a new rim on the rear about 7 years ago, but my memory is a little fuzzy going back that far.

Syncros stem with the heavily sought after aluminum top cap (thanks Jane).

Oh yeah... went through a few grips too, might be time for another pair.

XTR V Brakes, Mavic Ceramic coated rims and Tioga Factory DH 2.30 tires.

Added power boost for the rear brakes via a Shimano Carbon V Brake Booster (modified with a hole to access the V brake cable anchor bolt).

XTR cranks with a 5 arm singlespeed conversion kit.

Salsa Ti front quick release skewer.

Old Paul singlespeed droupouts and Phil Wood singlespeed hubs, still smooth as can be.

She's a little bit beat up, but after 10 years of hard riding.... not too bad.

Happy Birthday! XOXO - Tyler.

p.s. Happy St. Patricks Day too.

10 comments:

helicopterbreath said...

my bike is in the process of turning 10. shes got some sweet scrapes and dings but its still a sweet bike.

Buck said...

I have a 10 + year old 26er that has hung on a hook for a few years now. I used those same tires for the last couple years I rode that bike.

Sweet sweet memories!

Anonymous said...

Is that segmented wishbone seat stay a one off? I don't ever recall that being SOP.

Indy Fab said...

Yeah, it's a one off.

Anonymous said...

Ahh, the coveted angle Syncros topcap. I had two in my life! I tried to marry one, but she said no.

jim

Indy Fab said...

I covet that thing.

Dan O said...

Nice bike - looks even better knowing it's well used.

I have a few bikes that I've put many years on. It's satisfying to do so - all good - and proves you don't need new gear all the time.

My list of old timers....

'86 Fat Chance. 5 years of constant use, then retired - still own it though.

'91 Yo Eddy. 6 years of constant use, then semi-retired - still own it.

'91 Bridgestone RB-1. 15 years of use and then semi-retired. I still ride it occasionally however.

'97 Ibis Hakkalugi. Been riding this for 13 years now and still gets ridden a few times a week.

'99 Ellsworth Truth. 9 years of use, then parts removed for another bike project.

Anyway, I'm rambling. Cool post - great bike.

Anonymous said...

ah solid and pure...i do admire that wishbone yo-eddy style thing...and crikey that some funky down tube! Have a nice if sspd awaiting me back in blighty bring on spring!

cheers, j

Unknown said...

hey... that's not a round section downtube, is it?

saim said...

Really you have done great job,There are may person searching about that now they will find enough resources by your post.I like this blog..


natural minerals
best naturals
buy curcumin